Ingredients (12 cupcakes)
- 175 g dark brown soft sugar, sifted
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons mixed spice (or cinnamon + ginger)
- 70 ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 200 g carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 175 g dried mixed fruit
- 200ml water
- 1 Earl Gray tea bag
- Boil the water and pour over dried fruit and a Earl Gray tea bag. Soak the dried fruit in the hot tea for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3, 325°F (170°C).
- Mix the carrot, orange zest, dried fruit with tea and oil.
- Then sift together the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into the bowl.
- Stir all this together, then pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are completely cold decorate with creme fraiche and icing sugar topping and sprinkle with cinnamon.