Oops ... No sugar? Ah, but I've got golden syrup in the cupboard.
So, here they are, I made golden syrup cupcakes. As an experiment, I put everything in a bowl and mixed with an electric hand mixer. Easy does it. :) The result was surprisingly great. The texture of the cupcakes was really fine. They have an almost velvety like texture and they are very light and moist. They also have the rich sugary flavour of golden syrup.
Ah, I have to mention that I put some chopped prunes which I happened to have in my cupboard.
So these are really "cupboard cupcakes."
- 6 oz low-fat spread (or butter if you prefer)
- 6 oz golden syrup
- 6 oz SR flour (or Plain flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder (if you use the Plain flour, increase the BP to 2 tsp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Pre-heat the oven 160-180 °c
- Put all ingredients in the food processer and mix well. Or put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with electric hand mixer.
- Add more milk if necessary until you achieve the dropping texture
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin cases in the muffin baking try.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- When the cupcakes are baked, let them stand for 5 minutes in the baking tray, then turn them out.