Chocolate and orange is a good combination.
These muffins have a quite pronounced flavour of orange, but they don't have any actual orange segments or even juice. Fresh orange zest really gives an aromatic flavour.
I added chopped white chocolate to compliment the fresh orange flavour. You could add more white chocolate if you wish.
- 200g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150ml milk
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 50g white chocolate chopped
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and add paper cases to a muffin tray.
- Measure out dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure milk and oil in a large measuring jug. Add egg and whisk well.
- Add the wet mixture (3) into the dry mixture (2). Stir until just combined. The mixture will be lumpy. Do NOT over mix. Then, gently fold in chopped white chocolate and zest of orange.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.