Saturday 8 December 2012

8 strand plaited loaf


Yes, I did it. :)  8 strand plaited loaf, here it is.  
It was quite tricky, but I managed to carry on plaiting the dough. I'm proud of myself about the result. 
The bread recipe is the usual one. Please take a look at my basic loaf recipe. (click here) 

For the following braiding sequence, number the strands of dough from 1-8 from left to right. 
Every time you move any strand it will take the new number of its position in the row. 


Step 1: place 8 under 7 and over 1 
Step 2: place 2 under 3 and over 8 
Step 3: place 1 over 
Step 4: place 7 under 6 and over 1 
Step 5: place 8 over 5

Repeat steps 2-5, until all the dough is braided.

beautiful sequence on the bottom, too.

I found more good instructions in addition to the famous Paul Hollywood's video from the GBBO.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment