Here is the updated version of my Vegan chocolate cupcakes. I know I posted this before, but this is a slightly different recipe with a very chocolatey and good crunchy texture of walnuts.
I decorated with cocoa icing and sprinkled the crushed walnuts before the icing became dry.
My vegan friend approved of this so I must have done the right thing. :)
Ingredients (12 cupcakes)
- 200g (7 oz) self-raising flour
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (or baking powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons (74ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or white vinegar)
- 250ml (8 fl oz) water
- 70g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Sieve together the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, lemon juice and water. Mix together until smooth. Add walnuts.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin and bake at 180 C for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Decorate with cocoa icing (cocoa + icing sugar +water) and crushed walnuts.