- 6 oz Castor Sugar
Baked in a lof tin. decorated with lemon icing
(Lemon juice and icing sugar)
- 6 oz SR Flour (or plain flour + 2tsp baking powder)
- 6 oz Low-Fat Spread (ignore the note on the package “Not suitable for baking” It seems to work fine.)
- 2 Eggs
- The Zest of 1 or 2 Lemons
- 2 Tbsp Milk
For Lemon Syrup
- The Juice of 1 or 2 Lemons
- 1 or 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °c or 160°c for fan oven.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor, or stand mixer, and mix well. (but not too much) I normally use a hand mixer.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- When the cake is baked, let it stand in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Make 12 holes with a fine skewer.
- Make a syrup with lemon juice and sugar and pour over the cake.
- Wait about 20 minutes for the cake to absorb the syrup and then remove the cake from the tin.
- Finish with a thin even layer of granulated sugar and a few pieces of lemon zest