Yes, I did it. :) I baked 8 Lemon Drizzle Muffins, 8 Mixed Berry Muffins, 8 Double-Chocolate & Banana Muffins and 24 Oat & Fruit Cookies in 2 hours including washing up this morning. Phew...
I was preparing for a coffee break party for friends this afternoon. Muffins should be eaten on the day baked, ideally, so I decided to bake them all in the morning of the event. It was fun. :)
I added some pieces of chocolate to my Banana and Cocoa Muffins to make them more chocolatey.
Here is my new recipe for Lemon drizzle muffins. I put lemon curd in the middle of each muffin to make them even more lemony. :)
- 200g Plain Flour
- 150g Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 100ml Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 50ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lemon curd for each muffin
- Lemon syrup ( Juice of one lemon + 1 Tbsp Sugar)
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and add paper cases to a muffin tray.
- Measure out flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix the dried ingredients well.
- Measure milk and oil in a large measuring jug. Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla, then whisk well.
- Add the wet mixture (3) into the dry mixture (2). Stir until just combined (mixture will be lumpy). Do NOT over mix!
- Add the mixture up to halfway in each muffin case, then drop 1 tsp of lemon curd into the centre of each muffin. Gently top up the muffin mixture to cover the lemon curd.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Make 6 holes in each muffin with a fine skewer.
- Make a syrup with lemon juice and sugar and pour over the muffins.