Tuesday 10 April 2012

Italian job continued

Rosemary and sea salt focaccia 
Lorraine Pascale made baking easy on her BBC cookery show in 2011. Her version is one of my favourite recipes for  Focaccia. I love Italian bread which has a spongy and light texture. Ciabatta bread is  another favourite with good quality extra-virgin olive oil to dip it in. This Focaccia already has lots of olive oil in the dough, so you may not need to add much extra. Lorraine uses a mixing machine in this recipe video, but she showed how to knead the bread dough in another episode, which I found very useful. I don't have a fancy mixing machine, I always knead the dough with my hands for 10 minutes, which is quite a long time for kneading, but it's a very tactile experience and kind of therapuetic. Ah, another thing I missed was sea salt! So, my focaccia is really rosemary and table salt focaccia... however, it tastes pretty good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment