We've been enjoying a proper sunny summer this year in the UK for a change.
It's great to see blue sky and sun shining everyday. :) Fantastic for a BBQ in the garden, but not for baking cakes in a small kitchen like I have. The heat is just so unbearable.
Ah, but I've got a banana and chocolate cake in the freezer and I've found some frozen mixed berries.
Now, all I have to do is make a cheese cream filling and assemble these ingredients together in tumblers to create this cool summer desert.
They look quite impressive but are really easy to make.
- some left over cakes (chocolate cakes, brownies go well)
- some frozen mixed berries
- a few drops of raspberry jam (lemon curd is also good)
- 200g cream cheese
- 100g creme fraiche
- 1 Tbsp icing suger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- grated chocolate for garnish
- Mix cream cheese, creme fraiche, vanilla and icing sugar until smooth.
- Cut the cake in pieces and place in the bottom of the tumblers and drop some jam on top.
- Drop the cream cheese filling and then add some berries.
- Make layers of berries and cream cheese filling.