Somehow..... I like to eat warm gingerbread with a very milky cup of tea on a cold day.
Well, these cupcakes are not in the shape of a gingerbread cake, but they are moist and spicy with all the goodness of gingerbread cake, but in a lovely little cupcake shape. I decorated them with lemon icing.
They would be really nice with chopped apples, raisins or stem-ginger in the batter. Yum. :)
Ingredients (8 cupcakes)
- 140g low-fat margarine
- 100g dark brown mascovado Sugar
- 70g caster sugar
- 40g golden syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Melt the margarine, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl in a microwave.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
4. Stir in the milk, beaten egg and cooled liquid mixture.
5. Mix everything together gently and then pour the mixture into the muffin cases.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
I grated 1 apple and mixed them into the wet mixture before adding the dry mixture.
This time, I decorated them with lemon and ginger icing. (icing sugar + ground ginger + lemon juice)
They really are very moist. :)