No milk in the fridge .... fear not ... you can still make muffins without milk.
If I say without milk, that doesn't mean you need substitute stuff like soya milk or oat milk.
You can actually make muffins simply using water instead of milk.
I recently discovered that I could bake cake without eggs and milk when I tried to make vegan cupcakes. When I found there was no milk in my fridge, I thought to myself I still could make muffins using water like I made vegan cupcakes the other day. :)
I used an egg as I had some eggs in the fridge. So, these muffins are dairy free but not totally vegan.
They have a lovely chocolaty flavour and very light.
- 200g plain flour (if you use self raising flour, no need to add baking powder)
- 150g sugar
- 20g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 100ml water
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Vanilla extract
- 120g fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and add paper cases to a muffin tray.
- Measure out flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix the dried ingredients well.
- Measure water and oil in a large measuring jug. Add egg and vanilla, then whisk well.
- Add the wet mixture (3) into the dry mixture (2). Stir until just combined (mixture will be lumpy). Do NOT over mix!
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.